2I - A hook framework for Ceph FS operation¶
The live pad can be found here: [pad]
- Use cases:
- file search for hpc
- data provenance?
- file contents indexing
- tagging, metadata indexing
- avoid osd -> mds messages
- publish events on an message queue or unix domain socket or something cheapre than fork()+execve()
- can infer post-write event from filelock states
- tricky; we can help via ceph-devel etc.
- read notification can piggyback on client->mds atime update
- implement atime first :)
- Debugging of the MDS dying.
- the support of other OSD operations.
- the support of extended attribute check (for hook configuration) not to notify of unnecessary events.
- the support of multiple MDS; load-balancing of hook executions.
Build / release tasks
- Just put the code on a web page and see what will happen (I mean, I have no idea on release engineering).
- All documentation for everything is not yet done.
- What does the deprecation tasks mean ?