mgr/dashboard: Improve error message when backend is unreachable
When the Mgr Dashboard backend goes down, the Manager Dashboard frontend starts emitting red error messages with the message "0 - Unknown Error", which isn't very helpful.
It would be nice if this error message could be replaced with something more meaningful, e.g. "Error connecting to the Dashboard backend service: <reason>", where <reason> could be some OS level error code like "Connection refused", "No route to host", "Host unknown".
- Description updated (diff)
Can not reproduce this, did get a '504 -Gateway Timeout' error wenn i disable the dashboard module. How can i reproduce this?
I can easily reproduce it by starting a vstart cluster, opening the dashboard and logging in as "admin" and then stopping the cluster using "stop.sh".
- Status changed from New to Fix Under Review
- Assignee set to Volker Theile
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Resolved
- Affected Versions v14.0.0 added
- Status changed from Resolved to Pending Backport
- Backport set to Mimic
- Backport changed from Mimic to mimic
- Copied to Backport #36334: mimic: mgr/dashboard: Improve error message when backend is unreachable added
- Pull request ID set to 24322
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
- Project changed from mgr to Dashboard
- Category changed from 132 to General
Also available in: Atom