pybind/mgr/volumes: restore from snapshot
Manila's cephfs driver does not support recovering data from snapshots,The driver uses the ceph_volume_client library.
If implement cephfs_volume_client's `_cp_r` method1, it useful for data recovery of manila cephfs drivers.
#1 Updated by John Spray 12 months ago
I just checked who wrote that "TODO" comment, and it turns out it was me, even though I have no memory of it :-)
IIRC, the hope was that there would be a "read only clone" mechanism (i.e. a clone but the new share would have a readonly flag set), that would in reality just map the new volume to the proper .snap subdirectory, and we'd only do the full copy on a writable clone. I'm not sure whether the Manila clone API ended up in a form that provides that distinction, so that would be something to check.
#5 Updated by Patrick Donnelly about 1 month ago
- Subject changed from ceph_volume_client: Implementation of the cp method to pybind/mgr/volumes: restore from snapshot
- Description updated (diff)
- Assignee changed from Ramana Raja to Rishabh Dave
- Start date deleted (
- Backport changed from mimic,luminous to nautilus
- Component(FS) mgr/volumes added
- Component(FS) deleted (