CAB 2016-01-12

  • Patrick McGarry, Red Hat (chair)
  • Sage Weil, Red Hat (tech committee chair)
  • Dan van der Ster, CERN (Academic Liason)
  • Allen Samuels, Sandisk
  • Dan Ferber, Intel
  • Lars Marowsky-Brée, SUSE
  • Seth Mason, Cisco
  • Paul von-Stamwitz, Fujitsu
  • Wido den Hollander, (user committee chair)
  • Christian Reis, Canonical

Action Items:

[Complete] Patrick: add lmb to ceph-brag repo
[Complete] Patrick: send email to Seth/Loic to connect for OpenStack testing
Patrick: coordinate efforts around VAULT
Patrick: set up monthly "developer standup" virtual call
Patrick: coordinate annual CDS (CephaloCon?)
Patrick: complete ops draft for review
Patrick/Sage: fup w/ Li Wang @ NUDT re: large scale testing && board
Lars: ressurrect 'data at rest encryption' thread on lists
Lars: look into inter-version tests
Dan vdS.: start thread on reweight-by-utilization
Allen: work with Loic (Sam/Sage) re: filestore testing
Dan F.: send email to Jian/Patrick re: bridging gap w/ Chinese community

  • Action item review (Patrick)
  • Hardware donation status (Patrick)
  • Ceph Day / Events Update (Patrick)
    • 30 MAR - San Jose (31/1 APR - Hackathon)
    • 25-29 APR - OpenStack
      • Patrick to update board@ceph re: Collaboration Days
      • New Community Track will pull from main conf submissions
    • 25 MAY - Portland (Hillsboro)
    • 14 JUN - Switzerland (CERN)
  • Calamari lead (Sage)
  • Looking for new Calamari(API)/GUI (Romana, etc) lead dev
  • 1000-node tests, whee (Sage)
  • CDS (Patrick / Sage)
    • Targeting Mar/Apr
    • Move to quarterly/predictable (Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct) vs monthly standup
    • more frequent, more dev visibility = good
    • monthly? shorter?
  • Jewel Status (Sage)