cephadm: Forcefully Remove Services (unresponsive hosts)
If a host is no longer responsive, users need a way to remove services on this host from ceph, despite the host no longer being there.
- How to deal with hanging I/O operations, or when the OSD disk fails to unmount?
- This also contains a check for existing daemons that are running there
One option is to have them 'ceph orch host rm $hostname'...
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Sebastian Wagner
- Related to Bug #44252: cephadm: mgr,mds scale-down should prefer standby daemons added
- Related to Tasks #45143: cephadm: scheduler improvements added
- Category changed from cephadm to cephadm/scheduler
- Status changed from In Progress to New
- Blocked by Feature #47038: cephadm: Automatically deploy failed daemons on other hosts added
- Priority changed from High to Normal
- Assignee deleted (
- Related to Feature #47782: ceph orch host rm <host> is not stopping the services deployed in the respective removed hosts added
- Related to Bug #48939: Orchestrator removes mon daemon from wrong host when removing host from cluster added
Also available in: Atom