libvirt: rbd storage pool
The libvirt storage pools let you set up a location/source and then browse images. This would use librbd to browse/manipulate images.
It could either handle the librbd source config for qemu VMs, or set up a kernel rbd mapping.
Not sure how to map onto the fields you get from libvirt (in the virt-manager gui, at least):
- target path -> ?
- format (drop down) -> kernel rbd or librbd (qemu-only)
- host name -> ceph config string, e.g. "-c /etc/ceph/ceph.conf -n client.foo", or "-m monhost -k /path/to/keyring -n client.foo"
- source path -> pool name
#5 Updated by Wido den Hollander about 8 years ago
- Assignee set to Wido den Hollander
- % Done changed from 0 to 30
I've done some work on this, see: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ceph.devel/4846
#6 Updated by Wido den Hollander almost 8 years ago
- % Done changed from 30 to 70
Made some more progress on this, code seems to be stable.Working:
- Single and multiple monitors
- Creating and removing volumes
- Refreshing pools
- Valid dumpxml format of a volume
- wiping, downloading, cloning and uploading volumes, this is a limitation of libvirt.
#8 Updated by Wido den Hollander almost 8 years ago
- % Done changed from 70 to 90
I just submitted my patch to the libvirt mailinglist. This is a revised version of the patch and should hopefully make it through: https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-May/msg00717.html
Setting this one to 90% completed since we are almost there.