mds: mds_oft_prefetch_dirfrags = false is not qa tested
We'd like to use `mds_oft_prefetch_dirfrags = false` in production; in our tests it demonstrates a massive speedup when failing over to a standby MDS. (prefetch enabled makes rejoin take up to 10 minutes on our busiest cluster; prefect disabled gives us a near-instantaneous active state in the test cluster)
But we didn't find any qa testing with `mds_oft_prefetch_dirfrags = false`: how can we easily add this permutation to the test framework.
Or, should we just make `mds_oft_prefetch_dirfrags = false` the new default?
#1 Updated by Patrick Donnelly over 1 year ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Fix
- Subject changed from mds_oft_prefetch_dirfrags = false is not qa tested to mds: mds_oft_prefetch_dirfrags = false is not qa tested
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Target version set to v17.0.0
- Source set to Community (dev)
- Backport set to pacific
- Component(FS) qa-suite added
- Labels (FS) qa, task(easy) added
Thanks for bringing this up Dan. We'll try to have someone work on this.