mgr progress module causes needless load
The progress module in the manager causes a lot of load, especially if the cluster is not healthy.
This results in blocking of other modules like the prometheus endpoint.
The notify function retrieves on pg_summary updates the pg_stats and pg_ready regardless it will be used or not in further execution.
This is a issue at least since nautilus. It would be greate if you will backport this.
I created a PR which fixed this issue: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/35973
- Project changed from Ceph to mgr
- Status changed from New to Fix Under Review
- Backport set to octopus,nautilus
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Pending Backport
- Copied to Backport #46514: octopus: mgr progress module causes needless load added
- Copied to Backport #46515: nautilus: mgr progress module causes needless load added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
While running with --resolve-parent, the script "backport-create-issue" noticed that all backports of this issue are in status "Resolved" or "Rejected".
- Category set to ceph-mgr
- Target version set to v16.0.0
Also available in: Atom