rbd-mirror daemons don't logrotate correctly
Currently, /etc/logrotate.d/ceph shipped with ceph-base has the following postrotate command:
killall -q -1 ceph-mon ceph-mgr ceph-mds ceph-osd ceph-fuse radosgw || pkill -1 -x "ceph-mon|ceph-mgr|ceph-mds|ceph-osd|ceph-fuse|radosgw" || true
rbd-mirror is missing here, and expectedly new log files stay empty after the old one was rotated.
I did not yet test whether rbd-mirror responds to SIGHUP correctly, but potentially the fix is as easy as adding it to the list.
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Mykola Golub
- Backport set to nautilus,mimic,luminous
- Status changed from In Progress to Fix Under Review
- Pull request ID set to 32456
Backports will need to come to terms with the fact that the master PR touches "cephadm" which does not exist in any of the stable versions.
Updated by Jason Dillaman over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Pending Backport
- Copied to Backport #43498: mimic: rbd-mirror daemons don't logrotate correctly added
- Copied to Backport #43499: luminous: rbd-mirror daemons don't logrotate correctly added
- Copied to Backport #43500: nautilus: rbd-mirror daemons don't logrotate correctly added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
While running with --resolve-parent, the script "backport-create-issue" noticed that all backports of this issue are in status "Resolved" or "Rejected".
Also available in: Atom