mgr/volumes: provision subvolumes with config metadata storage in cephfs
Patrick had this idea a while back, but this never got implemented. Currently, there is no storage area when a subvolume is provisioned. This is highly restrictive in terms of subvolume metadata that can be persisted.
Provisioning subvolumes and providing a metadata storage area will allow better design to implemented things like cloning/restoring from a snapshot.
- Related to Feature #24880: pybind/mgr/volumes: restore from snapshot added
- Status changed from In Progress to Fix Under Review
- Pull request ID set to 31763
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Resolved
- Assignee set to Venky Shankar
- Priority changed from Normal to Urgent
- Target version set to v15.0.0
- Status changed from Resolved to Pending Backport
- Copied to Backport #43629: nautilus: mgr/volumes: provision subvolumes with config metadata storage in cephfs added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
Also available in: Atom