return ETIMEDOUT if we meet a timeout in poll
We don't want to wait on uevent forever, but the return value
of polling in timeout is 0 rather than a negative value.
manpage of poll as below:
On success, a positive number is returned; this is the number of structures which
have nonzero revents fields (in other words, those descriptors with events or errors reported).
A value of 0 indicates that the call timed out and no file descriptors were ready.
On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately.
Updated by Jason Dillaman over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Fix Under Review
- Backport set to luminous,mimic,nautilus
- Pull request ID set to 27025
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Pending Backport
- Copied to Backport #38975: luminous: return ETIMEDOUT if we meet a timeout in poll added
- Copied to Backport #38976: mimic: return ETIMEDOUT if we meet a timeout in poll added
- Copied to Backport #38977: nautilus: return ETIMEDOUT if we meet a timeout in poll added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
Also available in: Atom