HOWTO formally announce a release¶
- Alfredo announces to QA Lead, Project Lead & Release manager once the final packages are cut
- Release manager to create the release notes by submitting a patch to
doc/release-notes.rst as a PR targeting the master branch
- Release notes are generated using the script
- Make manual corrections to components as much as possible in the release notes for easier tracking.
- Once http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/release-notes/ updates with the above files, and the right urls are checked, do a blog post on ceph.com with the correct links, this can be copy-pasted from the html rendered release notes (alternatively just ask jenkins to render docs via jenkins render docs and copy paste the related html
, also the blog post can be saved as a draft in advance so that the publish button can be clicked once the packages are out.
- Announce the email preferably with the plain text version of release notes, use discretion if the changelog is large.. in that case just a link to the blog might suffice with the major release announcements only in the email. The mail needs to be sent to ceph-announce, ceph-users, ceph-maintainers, ceph-devel lists
- Inform Patrick (@scuttlemonkey) about the release so that @ceph tweets the release