We should trim the log even when we're degraded.
Define 'osd pg max log' or similar to control how big we let it get before trimming. Keeping it longer is good because it allows recovery for a temporarily-down replica, but it can't be allowed to grow indefinitely.
I thought not trimming the log was a deliberate choice for faster catchup. Sounds like we need to define a better policy for when to trim and when not to, but don't just flip/erase a switch, right?
- Description updated (diff)
- translation missing: en.field_story_points set to 5.00
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Target version set to v0.59
- Assignee set to Sage Weil
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
This code fix seems to have disappeared in version v0.58
It's not in v0.57 either, but is queued for v0.59 (out monday). Pushed wip-log-4192 based on v0.58 that includes the 3 patches that you can use in the meantime!
Also available in: Atom