'period update' does not remove short_zone_ids of deleted zones
Don't we still reference the short zone ids for determining source of an object etc. will there be any effect if we end up totally removing it on zone deletion?
As far as I can tell, there aren't any code paths that look up other zones from the period's short_zone_ids map. The only user of this map is on startup, for the current gateway to learn its own short id for RGWRados::get_zone_short_id().
the short zone id is stored on the objects, and serves as a tie breaker for sync
- Status changed from New to Closed
it turns out that we do want to keep deleted zones in the period, so we can check new zones against them for hash collisions
- Status changed from Closed to In Progress
reopened after further discussion
- Status changed from In Progress to Need Review
- Status changed from Need Review to Pending Backport
- Backport set to jewel kraken
- Copied to Backport #19341: jewel: 'period update' does not remove short_zone_ids of deleted zones added
- Copied to Backport #19342: kraken: 'period update' does not remove short_zone_ids of deleted zones added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
Also available in: Atom