From 06/21/2012 to 07/20/2012
- 04:07 PM Feature #2559 (Fix Under Review): cls_rbd: copyup method
- 04:07 PM Feature #2607 (Fix Under Review): librbd: copyup helper
- 11:17 AM Bug #2535 (Resolved): rbd: random data corruption in vm
- Thanks for reminding us Florian. There are no open questions that I know of, the only problem with this was fiemap, s...
- 11:11 AM Bug #2535: rbd: random data corruption in vm
- Just so this doesn't fall of the table, can this be considered resolved with the changed @filestore fiemap@ default? ...
- 10:05 AM Bug #2715: krbd: spinlock wrong CPU
- hoping this was caused by the mutex-less con_open, or something similar. will keep this open for a few more days to ...
- 09:35 PM Feature #2788 (Fix Under Review): rbd: add -l to rbd ls, show snapshots
- 03:55 PM Feature #2788 (In Progress): rbd: add -l to rbd ls, show snapshots
- 03:55 PM Subtask #2606 (Fix Under Review): librbd layering: copyup on missing child object
- 03:54 PM Subtask #2606 (In Progress): librbd layering: copyup on missing child object
- 10:45 PM Feature #2788 (Resolved): rbd: add -l to rbd ls, show snapshots
- Add -l to rbd ls to show snapshots, perhaps size of parent
- 09:58 PM Feature #2717: cls_rbd: add methods for maintaining mapping from parent to child images
- 09:58 PM Feature #2718: librbd: map parent -> child in a per-pool rbd_children object when cloning
- 09:57 PM Feature #2718: librbd: map parent -> child in a per-pool rbd_children object when cloning
- From the design doc:
In addition to knowing which parent a given image has, we want to be able to tell if a protec...
- 06:28 PM Feature #2561 (Fix Under Review): rbd: copyup command
- Implemented at the moment as "flatten".
- 06:26 PM Feature #2561 (In Progress): rbd: copyup command
- 06:27 PM Feature #2559: cls_rbd: copyup method
- 06:26 PM Subtask #2604 (In Progress): librbd layering: read path
- 06:26 PM Subtask #2605 (In Progress): librbd layering: guard writes
- 04:12 AM Bug #2777: qemu: report discard support
- It works for me, I test ext4 with discard and ext4 with fstrim.
- 12:22 PM Bug #2777: qemu: report discard support
- It looks like this is handled by what qemu calls a 'device property', so you have to use a command line like:
- 08:14 AM Bug #2777: qemu: report discard support
- Yeah, QUEUE_FLAG_DISCARD is as far as I looked yesterday too. The question now is how to set that within qemu.
- 11:18 PM Bug #2777: qemu: report discard support
- I don't know what I'm talking about, but stumbling around in the kernel seems to point at QUEUE_FLAG_DISCARD as the f...
- 02:19 PM Bug #2777 (Resolved): qemu: report discard support
- todin reported problems enabling discard inside qemu.
I'm not sure if this is rbd-specific, but there seem to be s...
- 11:10 PM Bug #2715: krbd: spinlock wrong CPU
- latest logs:ubuntu@teuthology:/a/teuthology-2012-07-11_19:00:11-regression-master-testing-gcov/9371
- 09:11 AM Subtask #2603 (Fix Under Review): librbd layering: open parent on open
- In branch wip-rbd-parent
- 04:35 AM Feature #2773 (Resolved): libvirt: incorrect snapshot behavior
- Since consistent(disk and memory state) snapshots currently supported only with qcow images, libvirt should:
- 07:22 PM Feature #2770 (Resolved): krbd: define tasks to add osd_client compound class op support
- 02:52 PM Feature #2609 (Resolved): librbd: new image name -> image head indirection
- Merged in commit:96ca508dcd227db11597cd4963208872af30fcc4
- 02:24 PM Feature #2585 (Resolved): rbd: clone command
- 04:18 PM Bug #2488 (Can't reproduce): rbd: EIO from rbd map
- 11:17 AM Documentation #2670 (In Progress): Docs shouldn't direct users to echo to /sys/bus/rbd for normal...
- 11:05 AM Feature #2609 (In Progress): librbd: new image name -> image head indirection
- 11:05 AM Feature #2609 (Resolved): librbd: new image name -> image head indirection
- 11:04 AM Feature #2726 (Resolved): krbd: clean up bio_pair leak/whatever
- 10:22 AM Feature #2724 (Resolved): rbd: add protect/unprotect command
- See http://ceph.com/docs/master/dev/rbd-layering/#protection
- 10:12 AM Feature #2723 (Resolved): librbd: protect/unprotect as appropiate during cloning
- See http://ceph.com/docs/master/dev/rbd-layering/#protection
- 10:10 AM Feature #2722 (Resolved): cls_rbd: add class methods to get/set protected status
- The possible settings are: protected, unprotected, and protecting. See http://ceph.com/docs/master/dev/rbd-layering/ ...
- 10:02 AM Feature #2720 (Resolved): rbd: add children command
- This should list all direct children of a given snapshot.
- 10:01 AM Feature #2719 (Resolved): librbd: provide functions for listing parents and their children
- Wrap the class methods for listing parents and children of parents.
- 09:57 AM Feature #2718 (Resolved): librbd: map parent -> child in a per-pool rbd_children object when cloning
- 09:55 AM Feature #2717 (Resolved): cls_rbd: add methods for maintaining mapping from parent to child images
- From http://ceph.com/docs/master/dev/rbd-layering/#cls-rbd:...
- 09:24 PM Bug #2715 (Resolved): krbd: spinlock wrong CPU
- 02:24 PM Bug #2457 (Resolved): libvirt: migration fails with rbd in 0.9.11 and 0.9.12
- Fixed by upstream libvirt commit 78290b1641e95304c862062ee0aca95395c5926c.
- 02:08 PM Bug #2457: libvirt: migration fails with rbd in 0.9.11 and 0.9.12
- Fixed in 0.9.12-3(debian naming) and later. Also recently in-list reports told the same, so issue may be closed safely.
- 02:15 PM Bug #2700 (Resolved): blkdeviotune method at libvirt doesn`t work on RBD volumes
- Since qemu implemented its own i/o limiting mechanism rather than cgroups, all block backends may be controlled over ...
- 06:49 PM Bug #2689 (In Progress): qemu iozone test hangs
- 02:51 PM Bug #2689 (Resolved): qemu iozone test hangs
- 12:36 PM Feature #2556: rbd tool: break image locks
- The current progress in is wip-rbd-locking. Still needs tests and docs, plus a small cleanup as noted on github.
- 12:32 PM Feature #2686 (Resolved): rbd: let users specify a usage for shared locks
- If existing lockers have the same usage, the lock succeeds. Otherwise, it fails. This could let you use locks with e....
- 11:28 AM Feature #2685 (Rejected): Support QEMU migration with caching enabled
- This is a libvirt problem, it's not related to qemu at all. I already looked into and tested whether qemu was doing f...
- 11:21 AM Feature #2685 (Rejected): Support QEMU migration with caching enabled
- See http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ceph.devel/7524
Apparently newer versions of QEMU refuse to...
- 10:52 PM Documentation #2670: Docs shouldn't direct users to echo to /sys/bus/rbd for normal use
- 10:51 PM Feature #2279 (Resolved): rbd: trivial layering design doc
- 07:27 PM Bug #2677 (Resolved): librbd: create does not clean up well
- A create that fails part way through does not remove objects it created or undo modifications it does, for example ad...
- 07:23 PM Feature #2279 (Fix Under Review): rbd: trivial layering design doc
- See wip-rbd-layering-doc
- 10:15 AM Documentation #2670 (Resolved): Docs shouldn't direct users to echo to /sys/bus/rbd for normal use
- A naive user looking for "rbd map" will instead find this:
- 09:41 AM Bug #1070: krbd: ^C doesn't work
- No progress on this. None expected unless it gets
reprioritized and planned.
- 09:05 AM Feature #2326 (In Progress): krbd: use new class interfaces, new image format
- I've finally begun work on this, following some in-person discussion
with Josh, Dan, and Sage this week.
I will u...
- 07:20 AM Bug #2608: rbd: hung xfstest 270
- Just to summarize what I just added...
There are some recent XFS problems that might explain this,
- 07:16 AM Bug #2608: rbd: hung xfstest 270
- I looked at this on Tuesday, and sent a note to Sage that should
have instead been put here. Here it is.
- 05:19 PM Bug #2667 (Won't Fix): librbd: create_snap on a closed image segfaults
- I wrote silly code, and in reordering it, managed to attempt rbd_snap_create() on an
image that I had rbd_close()d. ...
- 10:17 AM Feature #2660 (New): qa: test resizing an rbd image while a vm has it open
- Make sure the resize is visible to the guest. This works with the virtio driver after doing e.g. 'echo 1 | sudo tee /...
- 06:15 AM Bug #2654 (Won't Fix): Stale rbd volume cannot be unmaped
- /dev/rbd0 exists in system but /dev/rbd/winnie-test/postgresql not...
- 10:01 PM Bug #2608: rbd: hung xfstest 270
- 06:55 PM Feature #2566 (Duplicate): teuthology: task to run rbd workunits in a vm
- Same as #1713.
- 06:53 PM Feature #1713 (Resolved): teuthology: qemu tasks, tests
- Basic teuthology task is done in 38f6a78c71910a39b7f1890316c0a134ced8b0ec. Making a gitbuilder for qemu seems less im...
- 06:52 PM Feature #2644 (Rejected): qa: gitbuilder for qemu
- This should build qemu with rbd support for regression testing new versions of qemu.
- 06:49 PM Feature #2567 (Resolved): qa: add qemu+rbd jobs to qa suite
- Added in 94a6ab8ff3637f68c03261cf845b402d6bfa8e76
- 12:06 PM Feature #2641 (Duplicate): qa: regression tests for rbd openstack volume driver
- This should include:
* booting a vm from an rbd device
* attaching/detaching an rbd device to a running guest
- 11:30 AM Feature #2640 (Duplicate): qa: regression tests for rbd glance backend
- This should run against development versions of openstack to verify that the glance backend continues to work. Namely...
- 11:02 AM Feature #2637 (New): teuthology: task for running a vm using libvirt
- This should have similar semantics to the qemu task that runs qemu directly, but configure and run the vm via libvirt...
- 10:59 AM Feature #2636 (New): qa: regression tests for qemu monitor commands
- Test attach/detach of rbd devices and snapshot operations executed directly by the qemu monitor. This is probably eas...
- 10:11 AM Feature #2634 (Resolved): teuthology: add networking to qemu task
- Let the guest speak to the outside world so test scripts can e.g. check out git repos and download test programs to c...
Also available in: Atom