From 03/15/2012 to 04/13/2012
- 06:38 PM Feature #2297 (New): ObjectCacher: mark buffers mergeable for ksm
- This is done with a simple madvise call, but we should test that it works with ksm and verify that all the buffers ar...
- 05:51 PM Feature #2294 (New): librbd: optionally cache entire objects, instead of only requesting the part...
- This may save many round trips for small read sizes (common to vms).
- 05:46 PM Feature #2292 (New): ObjectCacher: support sparse objects
- The ObjectCacher doesn't store which objects or parts of objects don't exist. This info could improve read performance.
- 09:20 AM Feature #2279 (Resolved): rbd: trivial layering design doc
- - how parent images are marked read-only
- how parent/child relationship is represented
- possibly how this allow...
- 02:46 PM Feature #2256 (Resolved): rbd: parallelize deletions
- There are a few places where we delete things one at a time: resizing to a smaller size, deleting all snapshots, and ...
- 06:35 PM Feature #2232: qemu: resize guest disk when rbd image is resized
- I tested this on Friday, and qemu rereads the size (at least when using virtio) when the guest requests it (i.e. echo...
- 04:21 PM Feature #2232 (New): qemu: resize guest disk when rbd image is resized
- According to Christoph, this is probably just a matter of calling bdrv_truncate() with the new size. If that doesn't...
- 04:19 PM Feature #2231 (Resolved): librbd: expose header change (resize?) via api
- we need a callback or something so that users (qemu) can be informed when the header changes. this will let them, sa...
Also available in: Atom