From 10/10/2010 to 11/08/2010
- 09:32 AM Bug #561: snaptest-2 doesn't execute properly
- Okay, looks like this may be an issue with the test rather than Ceph. I just copied it into the root of the ceph moun...
- 09:07 AM Bug #561 (Resolved): snaptest-2 doesn't execute properly
- Checked it on cfuse and kclient:...
- 09:20 AM Cleanup #427 (Rejected): mds: tie scatter pins directly to freeze machinery
- no more scatterpins, yay!
- 07:39 AM Feature #560 (Resolved): mds: alternate directory hashing
- Currently dentries are hashed among dirfrags using the linux dcache's hash function, which is pretty trivial. The pr...
- 10:08 AM Feature #495 (Resolved): mds: add MIX_STALE
- merged in commit:0b1909209800229f5098cdc848fc3901508c1e19. best part of this is MIX_STALE went away. yay!
- 08:11 AM Bug #556 (Resolved): clustered mds: rename
- various hangs with thrash-exports and pjd rename tests.
- 01:55 PM Feature #495: mds: add MIX_STALE
- 01:02 PM Bug #551 (Can't reproduce): cfuse crash on quick mds restart
- Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x00000000004704ad in Client::kick_flushing_caps (this=0x...
- 10:14 AM Feature #91: mds: up:shadow mode
- Update the journaler interface to allow the MDS to 'tail' the journal... periodically check to see if it's been exten...
- 10:10 AM Feature #548 (Resolved): mds: shadowreplay one-shot mode
- Make sure the current mechanism still works. Clean it up if needed.
- 09:19 AM Subtask #547 (Resolved): mds: define fsck strategy, required metadata
- 09:19 AM Feature #340 (Closed): large directories, directory fragmenting
- 09:19 AM Feature #519 (Closed): mds: dirfrag merge
- 09:56 AM Feature #545 (Resolved): mds: use bloom filter to supplement dirfrag COMPLETE flag
- Currently we need the complete flag (or a cached negative dentry) to conclude a name does not exist in a frag before ...
- 11:27 PM Bug #478 (Can't reproduce): MDS crash: LogEvent::decode()
- 11:27 PM Bug #478: MDS crash: LogEvent::decode()
- From the mds dump in the debugpacks, it looks like there were MDS daemons on two different nodes. I'm inclined to ch...
- 10:49 PM Bug #542 (Resolved): mds journal corruption
- 10:49 PM Bug #542: mds journal corruption
- 10:24 PM Bug #542: mds journal corruption
- Mystery solved.. this was actually a takeover:
- where the old mds was blacklisted
- new mds probed and read jour...
- 09:38 PM Bug #542 (Resolved): mds journal corruption
- I saw this on the playground.
THe last bit of the replay log:...
- 09:12 PM Bug #472 (Resolved): mds: fragstat crash
- 04:40 PM Feature #495 (Resolved): mds: add MIX_STALE
- 04:05 PM Feature #495: mds: add MIX_STALE
- Sage has been working on this today.
- 03:42 PM Feature #541 (Resolved): mds: tempsync
- Integrate this into the filelock state machine, and then use it when appropriate (namely, unscatter)
- 10:18 AM Bug #529 (Resolved): Cfuse: Software caused connection abort
- There were a sequence of commits in this, some of which were one step forward and two steps back. The testing branch ...
- 05:51 AM Bug #529: Cfuse: Software caused connection abort
- I was going to apply the patch to my version but I noted that my src/client/Client.h line 516 already says "truncate_...
- 10:36 PM Bug #451 (Can't reproduce): mds: replay error
- 10:35 PM Bug #523: cfuse locks don't wake on mds reconnect?
- This might be the same issue as #535 (which looks to me like it's waiting on tcp_read/poll?).
- 10:33 PM Bug #529: Cfuse: Software caused connection abort
- Hey Greg, this looks like client truncation stuff again. This was biting me today, almost immediately. These two pa...
- 07:40 AM Bug #529 (Resolved): Cfuse: Software caused connection abort
- After using ceph for a few minutes it gets into a state where I can no longer access the cfuse mount point. It also s...
- 04:39 PM Feature #340: large directories, directory fragmenting
- split and merge rewritten and working. now for the stress testing.
- 02:42 PM Bug #520: mds: change ifile state mix->sync on (many) lookups?
- Nothing wrong on the client.. it's just that the mds has / (a subtree root) in the MIX state, and file_eval doesn't d...
- 01:02 PM Bug #360 (Resolved): mds: head/snapped snap_cap linkage may cross mdss
- For now, let's just auth_pin(). resolved by commit:440cc43956f367e6c8fb1077c83693ff568c9d2c
- 12:38 PM Bug #525 (Closed): Audit CInode creation code for initialization
- Looks all good now!
- 09:16 AM Bug #525 (Closed): Audit CInode creation code for initialization
- Specifically, it seems there are some times when truncate_size (and truncate_seq?) aren't geting set. Check if there ...
- 11:31 AM Bug #329 (Resolved): mds: mislinked dentry found during journal replay
- The multi-mds fix has been pushed to mds_journal branch commit:aa83e11c67165878e1ca1b0fe66ff9b8c3a906c8. Then merged ...
- 02:00 PM Bug #523 (Can't reproduce): cfuse locks don't wake on mds reconnect?
- Don't know the exact cause, but I was running clustered mds tests using snaptest-2.sh and once the MDSes had failed a...
- 07:30 PM Bug #520 (Closed): mds: change ifile state mix->sync on (many) lookups?
- I'm seeing this on csyn --syn makefiles 1000 1 0...
- 04:44 PM Feature #340: large directories, directory fragmenting
- We still need to add a wrlock of the dirfragtreelock.
- 04:23 PM Cleanup #514 (Rejected): Optimize MIX/MIX_STALE reconnects, etc
- Right now the MDS puts locks into the MIX_STALE state whenever it loads from disk. This is safe but unnecessary. Fix!
- 04:11 PM Feature #495 (In Progress): mds: add MIX_STALE
- A first pass is done and pushed to the mix_stable branch. Testing and debugging now, but that may take a while.
- 08:37 AM Bug #500 (Closed): mds: FAILED assert("shouldn't be called if we are already xlockable" == 0)
- nevermind, old code.
- 08:36 AM Bug #500 (Closed): mds: FAILED assert("shouldn't be called if we are already xlockable" == 0)
- 11:15 AM Cleanup #493 (Rejected): mds: allow scatter_pinned inode to go from mix -> sync
- We're going to skill scatter_pins instead, see #495
- 11:13 AM Feature #495 (Resolved): mds: add MIX_STALE
- 09:48 PM Bug #329: mds: mislinked dentry found during journal replay
- I suspect the solution (for the clustered case) is something like:
- trim_non_auth and a _subtree_ when we replay...
- 09:39 PM Bug #329: mds: mislinked dentry found during journal replay
- This can come up with multiple MDSs. (Wido saw it with one MDS; not sure how that happened.)
With multiple MDSs, ...
- 03:07 PM Cleanup #493 (Rejected): mds: allow scatter_pinned inode to go from mix -> sync
- 08:55 AM Feature #483 (Resolved): mds: add timestamp to LogEvent
- Would be nice if every log even had an mtime associated with it.
- 01:55 AM Bug #478 (Can't reproduce): MDS crash: LogEvent::decode()
- On both my MDS'es I'm seeing the following crash:...
- 05:50 PM Bug #472: mds: fragstat crash
- Well, this seems to have gotten rid of the first assert issue -- and made pjd last a bit longer -- and it's a bit mor...
- 04:50 PM Bug #472: mds: fragstat crash
- let's try...
- 04:32 PM Bug #472: mds: fragstat crash
- Applied patch you gave me. Got new crash:
#0 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
#1 0x0000000000a1e317 in sigabrt_handler...
- 09:51 AM Bug #472: mds: fragstat crash
#0 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
#1 0x0000000000a1e2e7 in sigabrt_handler (signum=6) at config.cc:238
Also available in: Atom