Automated tests AKA nightlies¶
The sepia lab runs automated teuthology tests on a regular basis. They are sometime called the nightlies. The schedule of the nightlies is managed by the QE team:
The following script is used in the above crontabs (https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/qa/crontab/teuthology-cronjobs) to schedule
List of suites and watchers¶
- suites scheduled to run on current set of supported branches: luminous, mimic and master; master runs are used primarily for development purposes, upgrade* tests are not scheduled to run on master.
- See HOWTO forensic analysis of integration and upgrade tests
- sorting out the environmental noise
- create new bugs for errors for which there is no match in the tracker
- add a link to the failed job in pre-existing issues found in the tracker (useful to figure out the frequency and helps with debug when there are multiple outputs / logs)
The ceph-qa mailing list¶
The results of the nightlies are published for analysis on the ceph-qa mailing list. For a given release, the issues that make a job fail in the nightlies need to be backported with a higher priority to reduce the noise.