The issue describing a bug or a feature must contain a section that is suitable for publication in the release notes. For instance ceph-disk zap should call partprobe could be described as follows:
- A disk is used by an OSD
- The OSD is not longer useful and the disk is cleared
- The disk is prepared for a new OSD
- The new OSD is prepared but does not activate
- The OSD is not activated because the /dev/disk/by-partuuid symbolic link is not updated by udev.
- Reboot the machine
- When the disk is cleared via ceph-disk zap (which is called indirectly by ceph-deploy zap), it must notify the kernel via partprobe or partx.