From 01/23/2018 to 02/21/2018
- 10:00 PM Bug #10440 (Closed): Debian Wheezy: missing wget dependency
- feel free to reopen if you are still hitting this (we can't replicate)
- 09:59 PM Feature #3908 (Closed): ceph-deploy: -n mode to not actually do anything
- 09:59 PM Feature #5587 (Closed): ceph-deploy: deploy rest api endpoint
- 09:58 PM Fix #9569 (Closed): mon create-initial should loop over mon hosts
- 09:57 PM Feature #5620: Ceph-deploy support for OSD on LVM
- It only took me 4 years to do this
- 09:57 PM Feature #5620 (Resolved): Ceph-deploy support for OSD on LVM
- Fixed in ceph-deploy version 2.0.0 released with Luminous 12.2.3
- 09:56 PM Bug #11327 (Closed): osd prepare/activate/create assigns incorrect weights to OSDs in CRUSH map
- this is using directories which ceph-deploy no longer supports.
feel free to reopen if you are still hitting this
- 09:55 PM Bug #11023 (Closed): intermittent Error in sys.exitfunc upon ceph-deploy exit
- 09:55 PM Bug #10047 (Closed): unable to use ceph-deploy failing to install dependencies
- We can't replicate this problem in the newer versions of ceph-deploy, feel free to reopen if you are still hitting this
- 09:54 PM Bug #9382 (Closed): The same directory can be added twice as two different osds
- ceph-deploy no longer supports directories or the use of ceph-disk
- 09:53 PM Bug #14276 (Closed): "ceph-deploy mds create" does not give ownership of keyring to ceph user
- We can't replicate this problem in the newer versions of ceph-deploy, feel free to reopen if you are still hitting this
- 09:52 PM Bug #14631 (Closed): ceph-deploy disk list inconsistent.
- ceph-deploy no longer uses ceph-disk as a backend, closing this
- 09:51 PM Bug #17567 (Closed): 'ceph-deploy mon add' does not start mon by systemd
- We can't replicate this, please reopen if you can still replicate with the latest version of ceph-deploy with full te...
- 09:49 PM Bug #14545 (Closed): "Failed to reach HEALTH_WARN State" in smoke-master-distro-basic-openstack
- 09:48 PM Bug #16074 (Closed): `ceph-deploy osd prepare` failed but daemon is running
- This ticket is really ceph-disk failing. ceph-deploy no longer uses cehp-disk as a backend, so closing this.
- 09:47 PM Bug #16399 (Resolved): ceph-deploy requires python-distribute
- This has been fixed for 2.0.0 and released in the latest ceph luminous (12.2.3)
- 09:45 PM Bug #16395 (Closed): ceph-deploy installation failure on Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS in lxd 2.0 containers
- 09:45 PM Bug #16395: ceph-deploy installation failure on Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS in lxd 2.0 containers
- ceph-deploy no longer supports deploying to OSD directories, the docs have been udpated to reflect this
- 09:43 PM Bug #16814 (Closed): bootstrap-rgw keyring not found when create rgw with custom cluster name
- custom cluster names are no longer supported for deployments
- 09:42 PM Bug #16409 (Closed): ceph-deploy 1.4.0 doesn't support node running Ubuntu 16.04
- Newer ceph-deploy has no problems on 16.04
- 09:41 PM Bug #16387 (Closed): 'ceph-deploy mon create' doesn't copy ceph.mon.keyring to /var/lib/ceph/mon/...
- Feel free to reopen with ceph-deploy logs if you can replicate this issue
- 09:40 PM Bug #17640 (Closed): "ERROR: missing keyring, cannot use cephx for authentication" in ceph-deploy
- 09:40 PM Bug #19968 (Closed): Fedora 25 - ceph-deploy --overwrite-conf mon create-initial
- Feel free to reopen if you can replicate this issue with some extra logs
- 07:52 PM Bug #22675 (Need More Info): cleanup ceph-deploy docs preflight documentation
- Vasu, I may have to lean on you to help a bit here. I've done already a bunch of cleanup at https://github.com/ceph/c...
- 06:48 PM Bug #16466 (Fix Under Review): ceph-deploy "osd prepare" issue on Unbuntu 16.04 doesn't match qui...
- PR at https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20510
- 03:25 PM Bug #22816: TypeError: startswith first arg must be bytes or a tuple of bytes, not str in osd.py:375
- merged commit c5322ec into master
Setting this to "Pending upstream" so that we can fix the Python 3 issue on git...
- 02:29 PM Bug #22816 (Fix Under Review): TypeError: startswith first arg must be bytes or a tuple of bytes,...
- Actual logger fix at https://github.com/ceph/ceph-deploy/pull/467
- 01:31 PM Bug #19125 (Resolved): install on debian distros fails if apt-get update was not called before
- merged commit 4c37839 into master
- 02:25 PM Bug #19125 (Fix Under Review): install on debian distros fails if apt-get update was not called b...
- PR https://github.com/ceph/ceph-deploy/pull/466
- 12:25 PM Bug #13604 (Closed): zap and osd prepare with --fs-type fails to prepare disk due to previous fil...
- ceph-deploy no longer supports these flag combinations as of 2.0.0
- 08:08 AM Bug #22244: NDB disk fails to be initialized
This is not a partition, /dev/nbd1 is a NBD disk (raw)
- 01:12 AM Bug #11810 (Closed): Issues and error during ceph deploy in centos6
- 01:11 AM Bug #16451 (Closed): Using ceph-deploy with --zap-disk and --dmcrypt fails
- No longer a problem in ceph-deploy since we've dropped ceph-disk as a backend. (since version 2.0.0)
- 10:05 PM Bug #22816: TypeError: startswith first arg must be bytes or a tuple of bytes, not str in osd.py:375
- As discussed in the ceph-deploy PR, a follow up PR will be open for `remoto` to get the string support by default.
- 10:04 PM Bug #17282 (Closed): ceph_deploy.single_node_test ignores sha1
- 06:04 PM Bug #13847 (Resolved): detect and use full paths for ceph executables
- merged commit 0867360 into ceph:master on Feb 9, 2016
- 04:11 PM Support #16505 (Closed): New OSD Node Addition failing at the time of disk activation
- From the logs it seems you are doing a lot of manual steps like:...
- 04:07 PM Feature #16617 (Resolved): make bluestore work seemlessly with ceph-deploy
- Fixed with 1.5.32
- 03:35 PM Bug #17640 (Need More Info): "ERROR: missing keyring, cannot use cephx for authentication" in cep...
- Hey Yuri I don't think this is still an issue, can you confirm please?
- 03:34 PM Bug #15935 (Closed): Actvate OSD fail due to the fsid mismatched
- Clusters with mismatched FSID indicates a possible leftover ceph.conf file, or mixing previously deployed nodes with ...
- 03:33 PM Bug #16979: ceph-deploy purge fails with zypper if one package is missing.
- I can't find the original PR, Owen linked to the Jenkins job that ran some tests for the PR which is no longer available
- 03:27 PM Bug #16979 (Closed): ceph-deploy purge fails with zypper if one package is missing.
- 02:56 PM Bug #17874 (Need More Info): mon crash infernalis => jewel 10.2.3 upgrade
- Hey Yuri, not sure what we can do here with ceph-deploy ? Can we close this?
- 02:55 PM Bug #17129 (Rejected): ceph-disk unable to activate osd in hammer(0.94.7-152.geb27865)
- This was a ceph-disk problem. We no longer use it since version 2.0.0
- 02:49 PM Bug #19262 (Closed): RuntimeError: connecting to host: cephm resulted in errors: IOError cannot s...
- ceph-deploy does have python3 support now, closing this. Feel free to re-open if you can replicate the issue again
- 02:44 PM Bug #18801 (Resolved): ceph-deploy: UnboundLocalError: local variable 'extra_install_flags' refer...
- Fixed on 1.5.38
- 02:43 PM Bug #17533 (Rejected): ceph-deploy can't add monitor when cluster is not ceph
- The Ceph project no longer supports custom cluster names.
See discussion at http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-u...
- 02:42 PM Bug #17189 (Closed): Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS isn't shipped with Python2.7
- ceph-deploy is python3 compatible. This is no longer an issue.
- 02:40 PM Bug #19125: install on debian distros fails if apt-get update was not called before
- 02:39 PM Bug #17352 (Closed): client.admin key is not created after mon create-intial
- Closing this since it is no longer a problem. Feel free to re-open with full logs if it shows up again
- 02:36 PM Support #17586 (Closed): Ubuntu ceph Jewel source, set after ceph-osd and ceph-mon
- We can't reproduce this anymore. Feel free to re-open with full logs if the issue comes up again
- 02:34 PM Bug #19642 (Closed): Error adding disk to ceph cluster: journal specified but not allowed by osd ...
- Closing as it is not a ceph-deploy issue (see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1468840)
- 02:32 PM Bug #19855 (Rejected): Latest ceph-deploy tool use default user "ceph" instead of input username ...
- When preparing an OSD it is a requirement to use the 'ceph' user for newer versions of Ceph. The ``--username`` flag ...
- 02:30 PM Bug #19908 (Rejected): ceph-deploy doesn't fail when ceph-disk fails
- ceph-deploy does fail when ceph-disk commands return a non-zero exit status. The command used to create the OSD was s...
- 02:21 PM Feature #17612 (Resolved): Support oracle linux server
- merged commit f39bca3 into master
- 02:20 PM Feature #19266 (Resolved): add the opportunity to specify block.db and block.wal in blustore
- This is already possible with version 2.0.0 of ceph-deploy that uses ceph-volume which allows all of these flags to b...
- 02:19 PM Bug #19968 (Need More Info): Fedora 25 - ceph-deploy --overwrite-conf mon create-initial
- This looks like a previous deployment failed and it is trying to re-deploy monitors on the same nodes. Can you make s...
- 02:14 PM Documentation #19997 (Won't Fix): ERROR: error creating empty object store in /var/local/osd2: (1...
- The newer version of ceph-deploy (2.0.0) no longer uses ceph-disk as a backend to create OSDs, it uses ceph-volume, w...
- 04:39 PM Bug #21677 (Resolved): ceph-deploy autodetects directory as 'ceph' executable
- merged commit 3913d12 into master
- 03:11 PM Bug #21677 (Fix Under Review): ceph-deploy autodetects directory as 'ceph' executable
- PR open at http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21677
- 08:51 PM Bug #18164 (Resolved): platform.linux_distribution() fails on distros with /etc/os-release only
- merged commit b057610 into master
- 08:50 PM Support #21291 (Closed): Use a partition of disk to add osd for bluestore
- It is not possible to use a single partition to create an osd with ceph-disk. However, with ceph-volume (and since ce...
- 08:44 PM Bug #20540 (Closed): ceph-deploy and ceph-disk should refuse same block device for bluestore WAL ...
- Martin, this is somewhat solved now in ceph-volume. However, ceph-volume will not create the wal and db devices for y...
- 08:42 PM Bug #21677: ceph-deploy autodetects directory as 'ceph' executable
- that is a highly non-standard place to put directories, the workaround is of course to move that directory out. ceph-...
- 08:40 PM Bug #22244 (Rejected): NDB disk fails to be initialized
- You can't pass a partition in this way because ceph-disk is trying to create partitions on it to collocate the journa...
- 08:37 PM Bug #20310 (Rejected): Cannot create initital monitor
- 08:36 PM Bug #20310: Cannot create initital monitor
- You cannot create an additional monitor with `mon create-initial` which is only meant to be used for the initial crea...
- 08:34 PM Bug #22348 (Closed): mon rebuild failed on 12.2.2
- 08:33 PM Bug #22871 (Resolved): ceph-deploy disk zap subcommand needs debug argument
- PR https://github.com/ceph/ceph-deploy/pull/464
merged commit 42a8fde into master
- 08:32 PM Bug #22712 (Resolved): mgr fails on missing directory
- merged commit 3f2be1d into master
- 08:31 PM Bug #22725 (Rejected): osd create doesn't work with Ceph jewel
- You would need to use ceph-deploy version 1.5.39
As the changelog indicates, 2.0.0 had a non-backwards compatible ...
- 10:43 PM Bug #22463: "zap command needs both HOSTNAME and DISK but got "None vpm099:vdb"" in ceph-deploy-l...
- Also needs openstack entry:
- 01:47 PM Bug #22871 (Resolved): ceph-deploy disk zap subcommand needs debug argument
- It looks like ceph-deploy disk zap is expecting a debug argument in args but none seems to have been supplied in the ...
- 02:52 PM Feature #7505: Support Archlinux
- PR: https://github.com/ceph/ceph-deploy/pull/461
- 02:51 PM Bug #22816: TypeError: startswith first arg must be bytes or a tuple of bytes, not str in osd.py:375
- PR: https://github.com/ceph/ceph-deploy/pull/462
- 02:46 PM Bug #22816 (Resolved): TypeError: startswith first arg must be bytes or a tuple of bytes, not str...
- Target Version: 2.0.0
Python Version: 3.6.4
remoto lib version: 0.0.29
When running @ceph-deploy disk list <host...
- 01:25 AM Feature #7505: Support Archlinux
- Hello! with a friend, we wrote support for Archlinux in ceph-deploy release 2.0.0
I'm going to use this ticket for r...
- 05:46 PM Bug #21161 (Won't Fix): ceph-eploy randomly times out
- We've seen this with a combination of:
* Older python versions (2.6, and even some in 2.7)
* Older versions of ce...
- 04:55 PM Feature #19301 (Resolved): add Virtuozzo Linux support to the ceph-deploy
- Released as part of 1.5.38
- 04:54 PM Bug #19992 (Resolved): [mita] add python3 label to nodes
- This has been fixed for a while now
- 03:19 PM Bug #9122 (Closed): ceph-deploy: disk list throws an exception
- it's been a while since we've last seen these. We also added a newer execnet version (the backend library to connect ...
- 03:02 PM Feature #22118 (Resolved): ceph-volume support for bluestore non-encrypted OSDs
- Merged and released as part of ceph-deploy 2.0.0
- 02:45 PM Bug #19850 (Resolved): new 1.5.38 release
- Released on 2017-05-19
- 01:41 PM Bug #22315 (Resolved): release ceph-deploy 2.0.0
- 2.0.0 was released 2018-01-16
Also available in: Atom