UI: Manage: Accept Minions
UI Task flow for accepting new minions into Calamari
- Mock attached
- present minions in Cohorts
- Admin processes minions as state changes
- provide easy way to view detail about minion requesting cluster admittance
- provide easy way to accept all minions in a cohort
- cohorts are based on a few buckets
- greater than 24 hours
#5 Updated by Yan-Fa Li over 7 years ago
- translation missing: en.field_story_points changed from 3.0 to 4.0
Added a first time bringing up Calamari landing page. Now it's possible to bootstrap the first minions from the UI when bringing up a brand new Calamari web page. If trying to go to the manage application the top level apps redirect to the /first URL which lists the available minions and asks for approval from the user.
There's a short lag between the time they are accepted and when the cluster is available, make the UI wait for the cluster API end point to respond with a non-empty value.
Handle basic errors when requesting minions to be accepted.
TODO: handle individual minions needing acceptance into calamari.
#6 Updated by Yan-Fa Li over 7 years ago
- translation missing: en.field_story_points changed from 4.0 to 5.0
This feature is turning out to be trickier than I initially recognized.
add unaccepted minion to calamari. I am making an assumption that minions are for the current cluster. This is a big assumption, but I have no way to recognize what minion a cluster is destined for without some backend work. I've discussed it with John and he believe's it's not required at this time.
This may cause some UI issues if a minion is actually for a different cluster. It won't show up on this cluster's list. Since there's no concept of multi-cluster management in the UI at this time, let's punt on this for now.
- Handle errors more gracefully
- Display changes of state for existing minions - deletes and status changes