Paul Cuzner has reported the following issues:
- Ensure "Storage capacity" keeps the "Description : Value" approach ("Number of devices: X" and "Raw Capacity: Y" in different lines).
- Check issue with "host by services" host count
- Exclude non-HDDs (cdrom) from the HDD count. This should be automatically fixed by: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/43628.
#1 Updated by Avan Thakkar about 1 year ago
I think for the `Host by Services` issue the reason maybe that the daemons are not yet fetched for hosts other than default one. We need more info here to check if hosts services are fetched or not, so maybe attaching a screenshot for host list page will do to verify that.
#3 Updated by Ernesto Puerta about 1 year ago
- Planning to refactor this from "host count by service" to "instances by service": as, for example, you may want to deploy multiple instances on the a service in the same host (e.g.: OSDs or RGWs).
- Additionally, we should support deployment by pattern-matching (or at least support the `*`/ALL placement)
- We should display this information as provided by Cephadm (single source of truth, rather than calculating this ourselves). However, as long as the `_no_schedule` label is used to defer deployment, not even the `--dry-run` will return a valid count, so we could add a new --force (or --ignore-no-schedule) flag to deal with this. TBD with Cephadm folks.