rados: smarter localized reads
Currently localized reads just match based on client and osd ip matching, which was originally implemented for hadoop. A more general notion of locality could also be useful.
It would nice if a librados/librbd user could either:
- configure the client's location in terms of crush hierarchy (e.g. dc=us-west)
- configure a list of IP subnets that are considered "close"
These could even go in ceph.conf / libvirt rbd disk entry. "client location = dc:us-west" would match the syntax I've been playing with for OSDs to know what crush location to set at bootup. (Colon because I wanted to avoid "client_location=dc=us-west" confusion.)
I personally prefer the first one, because it isolates the client from knowing internal deployment details of the cluster. I don't know if the crush information would be available
#3 Updated by Neil Levine about 7 years ago
- Status changed from New to 12
#4 Updated by Loic Dachary about 6 years ago
- Status changed from 12 to Resolved
- Assignee set to Sage Weil