Master RPM builds in OBS failing due to OOM (regression)
43b441f9a3bc907c17d52385251001ffcd5d3ff9 removed a bunch of code that was protecting OBS builds from OOM by setting build parallelism on the basis of available memory instead of the number of CPU threads the build hardware can sustain.
This commit also introduced the use of the %_smb_build_ncpus macro, which is not available in any SUSE operating system except Tumbleweed (because only very recent versions of RPM define this macro).
Something will need to be done to restore the "good build behavior" we had the OBS before this regression.
#3 Updated by Nathan Cutler almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from RPM: spec file is trying to use %_smp_build_ncpus in Leap 15.2 which has RPM 4.14.1 to Master RPM build OOMing in OBS (regression)
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Fix Under Review
- Assignee set to Nathan Cutler
- Pull request ID set to 39765