cephadm: giving nonexistent service for service action command should return error
Right now, if a user runs a command like "ceph orch redeploy . . ." and gives an incorrect service name no output is provided. This can be confusing for users, especially in cases where the service name is wrong because the service id was not included (e.g. "ceph orch redeploy iscsi"). Instead the user should be informed that the service they provided was incorrect.
- Status changed from New to Fix Under Review
- Pull request ID set to 39537
Thanks a lot for working on this. Is this linked to the feature request / bug #49246 I issued some days ago? In that case an admin could mark my ticket as a duplicate.
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Pending Backport
- Backport set to pacific
- Duplicates Feature #49246: cephadm: Display error message when given service name is wrong added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Duplicate
- Status changed from Duplicate to Pending Backport
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
Also available in: Atom