mgr/dashboard: delete EOF when reading passwords from file
pacific octopus nautilus
1) echo "myPassw0rd" > /tmp/my_secret.txt
(Notice: not using "-n" option; also reproducible by editing the file with text editor that adds a newline separator when saving.)
2) ceph dashboard ac-user-set-password admin -i /tmp/my_secret.txt
(The command succeeds.)
RESULT: the user is not able to log in through dashboard.
EXPECTED RESULT: be able to log in.
FIX: Sanitize the input.
- Status changed from In Progress to Fix Under Review
- Assignee set to Alfonso Martínez
- Pull request ID set to 39362
- Related to Subtask #48355: mgr/dashboard: CLI commands: read passwords from file added
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Pending Backport
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Copied to Backport #49270: pacific: mgr/dashboard: delete EOF when reading passwords from file added
- Copied to Backport #49271: nautilus: mgr/dashboard: delete EOF when reading passwords from file added
- Copied to Backport #49272: octopus: mgr/dashboard: delete EOF when reading passwords from file added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
While running with --resolve-parent, the script "backport-create-issue" noticed that all backports of this issue are in status "Resolved" or "Rejected".
- Project changed from mgr to Dashboard
- Category changed from dashboard/backend to Back-end
Also available in: Atom