cephadm integration for cephfs-mirror daemon
service_type: cephfs-mirror placement: ...
- no service_id: cephfs-mirror daemon can handle multiple FSs.
requirements (to be stored within RADOS (transparent to cephadm) and not as files):
- cephx user
- cluster name. which cluster name?
- can be multiple FSs. not bound to single cephfs
- user on the seocnds cluster: ceph fs authorize <fs_name> client.mirror_remote / rwps
- cpeh.conf for secondary cluster
- future: multiple peers soon
#3 Updated by Venky Shankar almost 2 years ago
Sebastian Wagner wrote:
what exactly do do you need here? which config options do we need?
(sorry for the latency, was on PTO)
The idea would be to deploy and manage cephfs-mirror daemons via cephadm. This would require creating a ceph user to access filesystems in the primary cluster. For now, only a single mirror daemon is recommended/supported. However, going forward one can choose to spawn multiple mirror daemons for concurrency. The interface for this feature is a manager module (`mirroring` plugin).
The developer/user documentation is here: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/doc/dev/cephfs-mirroring.rst
Does this help?
#4 Updated by Sebastian Wagner almost 2 years ago
ceph fs snapshot mirror add
ceph fs authorize