mds: fix hang issue when accessing a file under a lost parent directory
Once a while we had encountered some serious problem that resulted in some metadata lost. After we brought the MDS up, if we looked up a file whose parent directory was not existed any more, this request would hang and other next requests which accessed this lost directory would hang too.
For example, here is a path /dir1/file1. The object of "dir1" in metadata pool was lost after some serious problem.
When doing "ls /dir1", MDS will return EIO as expected.
But before doing "ls /dir", we try doing "ls /dir1/file1" directly, this request will hang forever.
- Pull request ID set to 35690
- Status changed from New to Fix Under Review
- Assignee set to Zhi Zhang
- Target version set to v16.0.0
- Backport set to octopus,nautilus
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Pending Backport
- Copied to Backport #46522: octopus: mds: fix hang issue when accessing a file under a lost parent directory added
- Copied to Backport #46523: nautilus: mds: fix hang issue when accessing a file under a lost parent directory added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
While running with --resolve-parent, the script "backport-create-issue" noticed that all backports of this issue are in status "Resolved" or "Rejected".
Also available in: Atom