mgr/volumes: create fs subvolumes with isolated RADOS namespaces
Add an option to `fs subvolume create` command to allow subvolumes to be created in unique RADOS namespaces.
The create_subvol() method already has a parameter `isolate_nspace` that can be set to True to set a RADOS namespace for a subvolume, but the parameter is now always set to False. Make it configurable based on user input.
And it'd be useful to display the RADOS namespace of the subvolume in `fs subvolume info`.
This is required by manila's CephFS driver that creates subvolumes/shares in unique RADOS namespaces.
- Subject changed from mgr/volumes: allow creating fs subvolumes in isolated RADOS namespaces to mgr/volumes: create fs subvolumes with isolated RADOS namespaces
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Fix Under Review
- Pull request ID set to 34776
- Target version set to v16.0.0
- Source set to Development
- Backport set to octopus,nautilus
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Pending Backport
- Copied to Backport #45849: octopus: mgr/volumes: create fs subvolumes with isolated RADOS namespaces added
- Copied to Backport #45850: nautilus: mgr/volumes: create fs subvolumes with isolated RADOS namespaces added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
While running with --resolve-parent, the script "backport-create-issue" noticed that all backports of this issue are in status "Resolved" or "Rejected".
Also available in: Atom