mgr/dashboard: audit current WCAG 2.1 support [accessibility - a11y]
While it's very likely that dashboard meets some accessibility guidelines (ARIA attributes, alt text, etc), we currently ignore its level of conformance to WCAG 2.1 standard (levels A, AA and AAA).
A reference list of guidelines is provided.Proposal:
- Enable a11y-related Codelizer tslint
- Run WAI/WCAG 2.1 checker
- Document guidelines in HACKING.rst
- According to SiteImprove Chrome extension, Ceph-dashboard Landing Page (as of version 15.0.0-8054-g45907ee) has the following conformance:
- level A: 11 issues (various 'adaptable', 'enough time', 'navigable', and 'compatible' issues)
- level AA: 13 (+2) issues ('distinguishable' issues: color contrast' minimum)
- level AAA: 16 (+3) issues ('distinguishable': color contrast enhanced, and 'navigable': section headings)
- Axe Chrome Plugin renders similar issues (lack of visual contrast, and some missing structural directives).
The above might suggest that dashboard is not that far from achieving A level of conformance.