global: disable THP for Ceph daemons
Ceph is known to suffer from memory fragmentation due to transparent huge pages (THP). This is indicated by RSS usage above configured memory targets. Enabling THP is currently discouraged until selective use of THP by Ceph is implemented via madvise.
- Project changed from fs to Ceph
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Status changed from In Progress to Fix Under Review
- Pull request ID set to 31582
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Pending Backport
Note: forgot to link to the tracker ticket from the commit. Oops!
- Copied to Backport #42818: nautilus: global: disable THP for Ceph daemons added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
While running with --resolve-parent, the script "backport-create-issue" noticed that all backports of this issue are in status "Resolved" or "Rejected".
Also available in: Atom