mgr/dashboard: Support CRUSH device classes
Ceph Luminous added support for CRUSH device classes - see this article for details.
The Dashboard should add support for managing these:
- Display and allow sorting by an OSD's default device class in the OSD table (#43179)
Show an OSDs device class in the CRUSH view
- Explicitly set/change the device class of an OSD (#43197)
- Support creating a placement rule that targets a specific device class (#43260)
- Support selecting that placement rule when creating a replicated pool (#43260)
- Support creating an erasure code profile that includes a property for the desired device class (#43261)
- Support selecting that EC profile when creating an erasure coded pool (#43261)
#2 Updated by Lenz Grimmer 4 months ago
FWIW, creating EC pools via the dashboard already supports choosing the CRUSH device class, even though the option is somewhat hidden. It may make sense to start this work by "promoting" that option to become easier to access and to add the same option to the replicated pool creation form.