pg_autoscaler should show a warning if pg_num isn't a power of two
As the pg_autoscaler will be automatically turned on with the 14.2.4 release and future releases I would like to enhance the functionality a bit.
We agreed on that the pg_num should always be a power of two and already updated the docs, so it would be the next step to also implement such check into the autoscaler so a user would directly be warned if they configured something else.
- Project changed from Ceph to RADOS
- Related to Feature #40983: mgr/dashboard: Warn when setting pg_num to not-a-power-of-two added
Note: contrary to what the bug description says, pg_autoscaler will (apparently) not be automatically turned on with the 14.2.4 release or any future nautilus release.
- Status changed from New to Fix Under Review
- Pull request ID set to 30525
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Pending Backport
- Copied to Backport #42120: nautilus: pg_autoscaler should show a warning if pg_num isn't a power of two added
- Related to Bug #42215: cluster [WRN] Health check failed: 1 pool(s) have non-power-of-two pg_num (POOL_PG_NUM_NOT_POWER_OF_TWO)" in cluster log added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
While running with --resolve-parent, the script "backport-create-issue" noticed that all backports of this issue are in status "Resolved" or "Rejected".
Also available in: Atom