client: lazyio synchronize does not get file size
LazyIO synchronize fails to do the task of making the propagated writes by other clients/fds visible to the current fd in the following situation:
1) write() by fda
2) lazyio_propagate() by fda
3) lazyio_synchronize() by fdb.
4) read() by fdb
In this scenario fdb is expected to read whatever is written by fda but it does not read anything (0 bytes returned). Upon debugging, it seems the read fails because the file size( in->size ) is still 0 during read() by fdb and hence returns without reading in this conditional in Client::_read_async():
if( off > in->size )
Ideally the lazyio_synchronize() call before the read() should have taken care of this and hence should call a getattr(CEPH_STAT_CAP_SIZE) to update the in->size.
#2 Updated by Patrick Donnelly over 3 years ago
- Subject changed from LazyIO synchronize does not work as expected to client: lazyio propagate does not update file size
- Priority changed from Normal to Urgent
- Target version set to v15.0.0
- Start date deleted (
- Source set to Development
- Backport set to nautilus,mimic