mgr/dashboard: Confusing naming of buttons in edit dialogs
Some colleagues provided some feedback about the naming of the buttons in dialogs which are used to apply changes.
- on the pools page, when editing a pool, the button to apply the changes is named "Edit Pool"
- on the RBD image page, when editing an image, the button to apply the changes is named "Edit RBD"
The feedback was, that "Edit" is the action the user is already performing on the dialog forms and a simple "Save" (likely also "Apply") would suffice here as it is commonly used. It also would be less ambiguous as "Edit Pool" suggests an action that is already ongoing. The third option to label the button might be "Done".
- Status changed from New to Need More Info
- Assignee set to Ju Lim
Ju, could you please look through the suggestions and let us know what you think about them?
- Related to Cleanup #37337: mgr/dashboard: Consistent labeling for buttons: 'Edit pool' (pool) vs. 'Update RBD' (images) vs. 'Update' (RGW) vs. 'Submit' (Cluster wide flags) ... added
Sorry for the slow reply (I didn't see this until today).
+1 on the recommendations of going with "Edit Pool," "Edit RBD," and "Save" (or "Apply") which is clearer to users.
- Status changed from Need More Info to New
- Assignee deleted (
- Affected Versions v14.2.7, v15.0.0 added
- Tags set to low-hanging-fruit, usability, administration
- Target version set to v15.0.0
- Backport deleted (
Also available in: Atom