mds: recall capabilities more regularly when under cache pressure
If a client is doing a large parallel create workload, the MDS may not recall capabilities fast enough and the client capabilities grow without bound.
Two things should happen here: the MDS should more regularly recall client state. The upkeep thread currently operates every 5 seconds. Second, the MDS defaults for client recall are too conservative. A client may obtain significantly more capabilities than can be recalled.
See also: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/thread/AOYWQSONTFROPB4DXVYADWW7V25C3G6Z/
- Status changed from New to Fix Under Review
- Pull request ID set to 29542
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Pending Backport
- Copied to Backport #41467: nautilus: mds: recall capabilities more regularly when under cache pressure added
- Copied to Backport #41468: mimic: mds: recall capabilities more regularly when under cache pressure added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
While running with --resolve-parent, the script "backport-create-issue" noticed that all backports of this issue are in status "Resolved" or "Rejected".
Also available in: Atom