mgr/dashboard: Warn when setting pg_num to not-a-power-of-two
Component - Pools
Setting pg_num to a value that is not a power of two can (and likely will) cause significant data imbalance in the cluster.
The Dashboard should warn and require confirmation before proceeding. (It may be necessary if the user were to manually go from 2^n to 2^n+1 incrementally, for example.)
- Subject changed from Warn when setting pg_num to not-a-power-of-two to mgr/dashboard: Warn when setting pg_num to not-a-power-of-two
- Target version set to v15.0.0
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Stephan Müller
- Status changed from In Progress to Rejected
Rejected as it's not possible to set a number that is not a power of two value.
- Related to Feature #41647: pg_autoscaler should show a warning if pg_num isn't a power of two added
- Project changed from mgr to Dashboard
- Category changed from 137 to Component - Pools
Also available in: Atom