rbd: bitmaps for tracking object existence
This would improve layered image performance, and enable quick, conservative usage for an image. It should be possible to add to an existing format 2 image.
I was thinking this weekend of creating this issue exactly.
Are you envisioning keeping these with the image header?
Even without it I could keep an internal bitmap of what
exists in the kernel client, at least until a flatten
operation is detected.
Also, I wonder at what point it becomes worthwhile to
use something different from bitmaps (such as extents
that define entire ranges of existent or non-existent
- translation missing: en.field_story_points set to 21
- Status changed from New to Need More Info
- Target version set to v0.88
- Assignee set to Jason Dillaman
- Status changed from Need More Info to In Progress
- Target version changed from v0.88 to v0.89
- Status changed from In Progress to Fix Under Review
- Target version changed from v0.89 to v0.90
- Target version changed from v0.90 to v0.91
- Target version changed from v0.91 to v0.92
- Target version changed from v0.92 to v0.93 - Last Hammer Sprint
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Resolved
Also available in: Atom