test_volume_client: test_put_object_versioned is unreliable
test_put_object_versioned in test_volume_client.py succeeds if it receives a CommandFailedError exception from the embedded python program. This manner of testing is unreliable since the embedded python program contains multiple statements and the same exception may be raised by any of those. This has happened twice AFAIR: first, the test never failed despite of the fact that ceph_volume_client.py's put_object_versioned() was buggy and second while i am working to make the embedded python programs in test_volume_client.py python3 compatible. Therefore, it's best to rewrite this test so it doesn't depend on a generic exception for passing.
I'll add a commit for this to .
- Status changed from In Progress to Fix Under Review
- Target version set to v15.0.0
- Source set to Development
- Backport set to nautilus,mimic,luminous
- Pull request ID set to 27718
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Pending Backport
- Copied to Backport #40853: mimic: test_volume_client: test_put_object_versioned is unreliable added
- Copied to Backport #40854: nautilus: test_volume_client: test_put_object_versioned is unreliable added
- Copied to Backport #40855: luminous: test_volume_client: test_put_object_versioned is unreliable added
- Pull request ID changed from 27718 to 28692
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
While running with --resolve-parent, the script "backport-create-issue" noticed that all backports of this issue are in status "Resolved" or "Rejected".
Also available in: Atom