mgr/dashboard: Optimize RBD list by reducing the amount of data returned
Some RBD image information may require a lot of processing, and we are calculating this information for every RBD image, every "X" seconds when the table automatically refreshes.
For optimization, RBD "LIST" endpoint should only return the information needed to populate the table.
Additional information (like snapshots information, etc.) that is only displayed in the details view should be returned by a dedicated GET to the selected image only.
- Description updated (diff)
- Related to Bug #39140: mgr/dashboard: decouple RBD image disk usage calculation from RBD image listing added
- Tags set to performance
- Target version set to v15.0.0
- Tags deleted (
How does this relate to #39140? Is this a different issue, or an alternative approach? Do we need both?
If we implement both, the performance will improve even more.
The idea behind this issue is to just reduce the amount of data returned by the list endpoint.
- Status changed from New to Won't Fix
I'm closing this issue for now, and will reopen it if we still have performance issues after #39140
- Project changed from mgr to Dashboard
- Category changed from 139 to Component - RBD
Also available in: Atom