mds: crash during mds restart
On version 12.2.10
1767 2019-03-11 18:21:16.251278 7fe2cc325700 -1 /home/jenkins-build/build/workspace/ceph-build/ARCH/x86_64/AVAILABLE_ARCH/x86_64/AVAILABLE_DIST/centos7/DIST/centos7/MACHINE_SIZE/ huge/release/12.2.10/rpm/el7/BUILD/ceph-12.2.10/src/mds/Server.cc: In function 'void Server::handle_client_reconnect(MClientReconnect*)' thread 7fe2cc325700 time 2019-03-11 18:21:16.248739 1768 /home/jenkins-build/build/workspace/ceph-build/ARCH/x86_64/AVAILABLE_ARCH/x86_64/AVAILABLE_DIST/centos7/DIST/centos7/MACHINE_SIZE/huge/release/12.2.10/rpm/el7/BUILD/ceph-12. 2.10/src/mds/Server.cc: 948: FAILED assert(session)
Normarly, after reconnect timeout, we killed all the session that hadn't received and handled reconnect msg. But some reconnect msgs were received and not yet handled before the relevant session was killed. So when the msg was being handled the session would be null. That's why mds crashed.
After knowing the session was killed ,the client wouldn't wait for the ack for reconnect msg,so omitting the reconnect msg may be the proper way.
#2 Updated by Patrick Donnelly over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from mds:we encountered crash when mds restart. to mds: crash during mds restart
- Status changed from New to Fix Under Review
- Assignee set to shen hang
- Target version set to v15.0.0
- Start date deleted (
- Source set to Community (dev)
- Tags deleted (
- Backport set to nautilus,mimic,luminous
- Pull request ID set to 27256