Empty pg_temps are added to incremental map even if there're no changes in new epoch
Due to commit ea723fbb88c69bd00fefd32a3ee94bf5ce53569c
pg_temp with clean acting set are added to inc map.
It happens even if up next up acting == next acting.
This results in huge amount of pg_temps and traffic (and cpu consumption) spikes
when epoch is incremented on a large cluster.
This behavior could be reproduced by reweighting osd
to it's actual weight.
This behavior was mentioned in ceph-users mailing list: https://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-users/msg50138.html
- Backport changed from luminous to luminous,mimic
- Pull request ID set to 25780
- Status changed from New to Pending Backport
- Copied to Backport #37810: mimic: Empty pg_temps are added to incremental map even if there're no changes in new epoch added
- Copied to Backport #37811: luminous: Empty pg_temps are added to incremental map even if there're no changes in new epoch added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
Also available in: Atom