ceph-volume-client: cannot set mode for cephfs volumes as required by OpenShift
OpenShift developers report that when they use their dynamic external storage provider (in OpenShift 3.11) with manila and CephFS with NFS (ganesha) container workloads fail because they require that the backing CephFS volume be mode 775 but that these are created with mode 755. They require this because the user running in the container with the bind mount from the k8s host is non-root (it has a very high uid) but belongs to the root group. Group permissions allow the user running the workload in the k8s container to operate with the backing volume.
This BZ  was created for the overall issue. It requires that the cephfs driver in OpenStack manila be enhanced with a configuration option for the desired mode. This issue is for corresponding changes in the ceph_volume client so the driver can call its routines specifying a mode.
#1 Updated by Patrick Donnelly 11 months ago
- Status changed from New to Need Review
- Assignee set to Tom Barron
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Target version changed from v12.2.9 to v14.0.0
- Start date deleted (
- Source changed from Community (user) to Development
- Backport set to mimic,luminous
- Affected Versions deleted (