sepia: provide networking, DHCP for dynamic virtual machines
downburst can provision them really nicely, but right now only static networking works. To fix that, we need DNS to work right even for dynamic hosts.
Note: DDNS is miserable, avoid that if we can.
Plan is something like this:
- configure vercoi public vlan access
- provision vm with static ip on vercoi01
- move sepia dhcpd to vercoi01 vm
- add dynamic leases to dhcpd (match mac address prefix to qemu)
- add powerdns that serves from mysql
- add sepia.ceph.com entries to pdns
- delegate sepia.ceph.com to pdns
- add service that monitors dhcpd and vercoi* libvirt for vm create/destroy, creates/deletes dns records in mysql (A, PTR)
As a separate improvement, we can later add SSHFP etc fancy things to DNS.
#10 Updated by Anonymous about 8 years ago
- Subject changed from sepia: provide networking, DHCP & DNS for dynamic virtual machines to sepia: provide networking, DHCP for dynamic virtual machines
- translation missing: en.field_story_points changed from 5 to 3
- translation missing: en.field_position deleted (
- translation missing: en.field_position set to 82