Feature #47765: mgr/dashboard: security improvements
mgr/dashboard: Manager should complain about wrong dashboard certificate
Configuring the dashboard and selecting certificates didn't work as intended.
Dashboard wouldn't load (it didn't even listen on any ports).
When reverted to using self-signed certificates, dashboard suddenly works.
Expected behaviour: if, for whatever reason, certificates are wrong (format, type, ...) mgr should throw an error in log.
Actual behaviour: manager was silently failing to display dashboard
Logs from mgr are attached.
- Category set to dashboard/general
- Tracker changed from Feature to Bug
- Subject changed from Manager should complain about wrong dashboard certificate to mgr/dashboard: Manager should complain about wrong dashboard certificate
- Regression set to No
- Severity set to 3 - minor
- Assignee set to Ricardo Dias
@Ricardo: can you please take a look and comment?
- Pull request ID set to 27036
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Target version set to v14.2.0
- Assignee changed from Ricardo Dias to Volker Theile
- Tags set to usability, security, ssl
- Target version changed from v14.2.0 to v15.0.0
- Backport changed from mimic to nautilus, mimic
- Status changed from In Progress to Fix Under Review
- Tags set to usability, security, configuration
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Pending Backport
- Tags deleted (
usability, security, ssl)
- Copied to Backport #39346: nautilus: mgr/dashboard: Manager should complain about wrong dashboard certificate added
- Copied to Backport #39347: mimic: mgr/dashboard: Manager should complain about wrong dashboard certificate added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
- Parent task set to #47765
Also available in: Atom