hammer: [initscripts]: systemd-run is not needed in initscripts
#2 Updated by Nathan Cutler over 4 years ago
- Tracker changed from Fix to Backport
- Subject changed from [backport][hammer][initscripts]: systemd-run is not needed in initscripts to hammer: [initscripts]: systemd-run is not needed in initscripts
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee changed from Vladislav Odintsov to Nathan Cutler
systemd-run logic in initscripts was introduced because of ticket http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/7627. If we have systemd-based distro, we should use systemd unit files from systemd directory to start/stop ceph daemons. Otherwise, daemon() from /etc/init.d/functions on systemd distro starts service in system.slice and everything works well for case, for example, when we use hammer on RH7. With this code it will start daemon with daemon() function from init.d/functions. systemd-run can not be run on non-systemd distros, so it's not needed on SysV systems. I've performed successful testing with hammer on RH6, RH7 systems with ceph-osd, ceph-mon, ceph-radosgw services.