Provided logrotate setup does not handle ceph-fuse correctly
#9 Updated by Loic Dachary over 4 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Backport
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from Pending Backport to In Progress
- Assignee set to Zhi Zhang
(move here because Backport issues only have a link to the PR in the description)
OS: Ubuntu 14.04
Ceph: Hammer 0.94.2
Increasing the debug output of ceph-fuse results in large log files in /var/log/ceph.
The logrotate setup handles the usual ceph daemon correctly (mon, osd, mds), but in case of ceph-fuse the postrotate entry does not handle a ceph-fuse mountpoint at all. Since logrotate moves and compresses the log file, you end up with a stale open fd and the (now invisible) log file starts to consume disk space...
- make ceph-fuse reopen its logfile on SIGHUP (or similar notification mechanism)
- in case of a processed ceph-fuse logfile (ceph-client.XYZ.log) notify ceph-fuse after log rotation