CephFS restriction on removing cache tiers is overly strict
We prevent removing any cache tier that sits on a cephfs pool, even if the tier has been safely set to 'forward' and flushed.
We should permit removal of the tier if it is set to forward and PGMonitor statistics indicate that it is empty.
- Source changed from other to Community (user)
Mmm, the thing to be careful of here is that we can't remove cache tiers if they're over an EC pool. That whole saga is presumably why the code is overly-restrictive to begin with.
Oh yeah, now I remember why we added it :-)
So the condition for permitting removal is that it's set to forward or readonly, it's flushed, and the underlying pool is usable by cephfs (i.e. replicated)
- Status changed from New to Fix Under Review
- Regression set to No
- Status changed from Fix Under Review to Resolved
- Status changed from Resolved to Pending Backport
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
Let's put this in hammer please! We seem to be getting a lot more experimental users lately. :)
- Copied to Backport #13621: CephFS restriction on removing cache tiers is overly strict added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
Also available in: Atom