mgr/dashboard: Provide way to "opt in" to enabling the telemetry mgr plugin
Upon a fresh cluster installation, it should be possible for the user to "opt in" and enable the telemetry plugin so we can obtain some metrics and statistics about the user's cluster.
Upon first login, the dashboard should display a prompt that informs the user about the purpose of the metrics collection and should ask the user for confirmation to enable it. Optionally, it would be helpful to prompt the user for an email address (optional) and display a sample report of the data that is sent to telemetry.ceph.com.
Even if the user initially rejects the activation, the dashboard should still provide an easy way to enable this plugin later.
- Related to Feature #36735: mgr/dashboard: Add support for enabling and configuring the disk prediction module added
- Related to Feature #36291: mgr/dashboard: Add support for enabling and configuring the balancer added
- Related to Feature #36237: mgr/dashboard: Add support for managing Ceph Mgr modules added
- Assignee set to Volker Theile
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Related to Feature #37722: mgr: Allow modules to get/set other module options added
For the moment the list of managed mgr modules is hardcoded and fixed to 'telemetry'. With https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/37934 this will be done in a generic way, thus all existing mgr modules can be configured and managed via Dashboard.
- Status changed from In Progress to Need Review
- Status changed from Need Review to Resolved
- Pull request ID set to 25989
Also available in: Atom