mds: MDBalancer using total (all time) request count in load statistics
This was pointed out by Xiaoxi Chen
The get_req_rate() function is returning the value of l_mds_request, which is a counter.
This is then used in the load calculation in MDBalancer, resulting in crazy high values like this:
2017-10-09 10:05:09.128325 7fc899748700 0 mds.0.bal mds.1 mdsload<[0,0 0]/[0,0 0], req 3.11991e+07, hr 0, qlen 0, cpu 0.12> = 3.11991e+07 ~ 15711.7
#1 Updated by Xiaoxi Chen over 1 year ago
although it is simple to add last_timestamp and last_reqcount so that we can get an average TPS, but TPS may fluctuate a lot, which may result dirfrag ping-pong between multi mdss.
We probably need longer(configurable?) average for high fluctuate value like q_len and req_rate.
#2 Updated by Patrick Donnelly 10 months ago
- Subject changed from MDBalancer using total (all time) request count in load statistics to mds: MDBalancer using total (all time) request count in load statistics
- Category deleted (
- Assignee set to Zheng Yan
- Target version set to v13.0.0
- Source set to Community (dev)
- Tags set to multimds,balancer
- Severity changed from 3 - minor to 2 - major
- Affected Versions v12.2.5 added
- Component(FS) MDS added
Zheng, please amend the above commit that it fixes this issue.
- Status changed from New to Need Review